Terms and Conditions of Vibe Dance Studios
- Vibe Dance Studios fees are payable by Cash, Direct Bank Transfer or Credit card. Credit card transactions will incur additional fees.
- Our Fees are invoiced at the end of each term for the next term.
- Invoices must be paid by the due date on the invoices.
- An administration fee of $20 will be added to any invoice not paid by the payment date on the invoice.
- Vibe Dance Studios reserves the right to refuse admission to any students whose fees remain unpaid.
- For any missed class or change of mind, Vibe Dance Studios has a No Refund Policy.
- If a student misses a class (due to illness, being on holiday, Public Holiday, Open Day/Concert or other reasons) then they are welcome to come to another class the next week to make up for the missed class. It doesn't have to be the same genre e.g. if they normally do Hip Hop they can come to Jazz etc. Vibe Dance does not refund for missed classes as we charge by the term, not the class.
- Costume payments can be refunded up to the time of ordering after which time the full costume must be paid for even if the student will not attend the concert.
- Dance is a physical activity and as such a degree of physical contact with the instructor and student may be required for demonstration or correction.
- Dancing is a strenuous activity from which injuries could arise. Vibe Dance Studios and their Instructors/Teachers are NOT LIABLE for personal injuries.
- If a number classes are missed then this may effect the student’s involvement in group choreography. They may not be included in the sections taught when they were absent.
- Vibe Dance Studios does not accept liability for loss or damage of personal property brought onto the premises.
- No photographic or video equipment may be used in any class without the express written permission from Vibe Dance Studios. There are child protection laws in place as well as copyright issues with filming or photography within a class setting.
- Teachers will call for an ambulance if they think it is necessary.
- Parents must list illnesses and allergies on the ] Enrolment Form or notify the school in writing via email.
- Students must bring any required Epipens, Insulin, puffers etc to every class. Younger children are to pass this to the teacher.
- If parents have any serious concerns about their children’s health at dance then they must remain on the premises while their child is dancing.
Code of Conduct for Parents/guardians and others
- Encourage my child to dance as long as he/she is interested in this.
- Teach my child that an honest effort is as important as winning.
- Teach my child to respect their peers and their teachers and lead by example.
- Help my child to set realistic goals based on his/her individual ability and experience.
- Encourage my child to follow the rules of the dance studio, including helping my child to have the correct uniform for class.
- Applaud good performance for all performers, not only my own child.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from all classes and performance activities.
- Respect and follow advice and direction provided by dance teachers.
- This includes behaving in a respectful manner at all times to the teachers inside and outside the classroom.
- Put any grievances in writing or speaking to the Director, rather than addressing the teacher in front of other students or parents.
- Remember that my child and their friends are performing for their own enjoyment.
- Force my child to attend classes if they lose interest in performing.
- Ridicule or yell at my child, or any other child, for making a mistake while dancing.
- Unless discussed with my child’s dance teacher, remain inside the studio for the duration of class.
Student Code of Conduct
- Arrive on time for each class to avoid disrupting my teachers and other students.
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes to each class in accordance with the uniform requirements, this includes wearing my hair in the appropriate style and removing all jewellery before each class.
- Change my clothing or wear additional clothing appropriate to the weather when travelling to and from the dance studio.
- Be polite and respectful to my teacher.
- Treat all others as I like to be treated, being polite and respectful to other students and other people in the dance environment, regardless of ability.
- I will strive to maintain the positive environment at all times.
- I will be honest with my teachers concerning illness or injury and my ability to participate in each class.
- I will have a good attitude in the preparation of my dance work; I will work hard for myself and for my peers.
- I will control my temper when things do not go the way I hoped or I receive corrections.
- I will listen to the teachers instructions in a respectful manner.
- I will respect the dance studio environment, by looking after the studio and I will put my rubbish in the bins.
- I will respect and care for my costumes and props.
- I will honour my commitment I make to my dance school by attending class, rehearsals and events that I have committed to.
- Bully, gossip about or isolate others in class.
- Use hurtful words towards my classmates.
- Correct my classmates as this is the teachers job, not mine.
- Tell my classmates that I am better than them or that they are not good dancers compared to me or anyone else.
- Chew gum in class, or eat food unless it is at an authorised time.
- Use my mobile phone in class.
- I will not upload any dances or choreography to Facebook, YouTube or other similar sites without the permission from my teacher.
- I will not leave the studio at the end of a lesson without my teachers/parent/guardian or parental permission.
The Right to Refuse Service
In line with Australian Government Business Guidelines, Vibe Dance Studios reserves the right to refuse service to families who do not abide by the above Code of Conduct requirements. We recommend parents and students adhere to this policy to avoid the unpleasant occurrence of a student being asked to leave our school. Vibe Dance Studios accepts no responsibility for any distress caused through non compliance with this policy.